Top nav

Terms and Conditions

Claire Wallace Hair Dressing Ltd

Booking Agreement (Terms and conditions)

This agreement is made between Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd and the client as detailed in the attached booking form, which forms part of the contract. Any changes to the booking form (such as, but not limited to dates, locations and number of clients) must be made in writing/email and agreed with Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd .

If due to non-availability Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd transfers the client’s booking to another hairstylist and make-up artist, the client will enter into another contract with the substituted hairstylist and make-up artist.

If the client enters into a new agreement with a substituted hairstylist and make-up artist, then Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd has no legal responsibility or on-going liability to the client in connection with the booking.

Bookings Procedure and Deposit

Booking Junior Stylists:

Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd will hold provisional bookings confirmed by telephone for a period of 48 hours and the appointment will become final upon the safe receipt of the booking form and deposit which is 40% of the total cost of the wedding day booking when booking a junior stylist. Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd will acknowledge receipt of the deposit in writing/email and confirm this as the final booking. The remaining 60% balance is then paid to the junior stylist on the day, along with the travel / call-out charge.

Booking Senior Stylists:

Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd will hold provisional bookings confirmed by telephone for a period of 48 hours and the appointment will become final upon the safe receipt of the booking form and deposit which is 40% of the total cost of the wedding day booking when booking a junior stylist. Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd will acknowledge receipt of the deposit in writing/email and confirm this as the final booking. The remaining 60% balance is then paid to the junior stylist on the day, along with the travel / call-out charge.

Booking the Artistic Director, Claire Wallace:

Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd will hold provisional bookings confirmed by telephone for a period of 48 hours and the appointment will become final upon the safe receipt of the booking form and deposit which is 40% of the total cost of the wedding day booking. Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd will acknowledge receipt of the deposit in writing/email and confirm this as the final booking.

In the event that the booking deposit is not received by Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd then the booking will lapse and the date will become available to another client or if the booking form is received late then the date will still be made available to the client if it has not been booked by another client.

The booking deposit must be received within 48 hours of a provisional booking being made in order to reserve the date, unless paying by cheque in which case it should be received within 5 working days. The payment can be made by cheque to “Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd” and sent to 29, St. Andrews Road, Portslade, Brighton, East Sussex, BN41 1DB or paid directly through Paypal

If no deposit is received then the provisional booking will lapse and will only be re-instated if the date remains available and the full deposit is received. The deposit is non-refundable or transferable. If the client wishes to alter the booked date, the deposit paid for the original date is non-refundable or transferable, unless specifically agreed by Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd.

In the event that  two artists have to be booked to cover an assignment, this is charged separately for each person carrying out the job. However,  if a “hair and makeup artist” is booked (one person) then a lesser charge is incurred.

Payment

The final balance of the payment is due in cash on the day of the wedding upon completion of the agreed service or if preferred by the client payment can be made in advance of the wedding day by cheque to the appointed stylist/make-up artist at least 14 days before the wedding day.

Services to be Supplied

It is strongly recommended that a trial appointment is booked to agree a style and procedure for the wedding day. Several hair styles and make-up looks may be tried at the trial appointment(s) until the client chooses her preferred style and make-up for the wedding day.

Any requested changes after that date may result in a further trial appointment for which an additional charge will be made.

If the client is unhappy or dissatisfied in any way with the service supplied prior to or during the trial then she must notify Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd immediately. Further services may be supplied entirely at the discretion of Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd.

Travel Charges

There is a £40 travel charge to cover time and petrol to and from the wedding location on the day. In the event that travel to the location exceeds 1 hour, an additional 45 pence per mile will be charged.

A charge of 45 pence per mile will also be applied when a stylist travels, to carry out a wedding trial.

Cancellations

Wedding trial cancellations

If a client has booked a trial through Claire Wallace hairdressing ltd and wishes to cancel or amend the appointment, this should done within 48 hours of the making the initial appointment. Notification should be given by email or telephone.

In the event that a deposit has been paid for a trial and providing 5 days notice of a cancellation has been given then the client will receive a full refund. Providing the client has given 5 days notice through cancellation, and the client should wish to amend the trial booking, then the deposit will then be used in conjunction with the new appointment. If rescheduling the trial is within this 5 day period, another deposit will need to be paid.

If a client makes a booking and has a trial with “the artistic director, senior or junior stylist” booked through Claire Wallace hairdressing ltd agency and is not totally satisfied with the service they will receive a 100% refund of their deposit providing they remain outside the 10 week boundary, set out in the the terms and conditions. However if a client books a trial with  the artistic director, senior or junior stylist within the 10 week boundary and has paid a deposit and is not totally satisfied, they will eligible for a 50% refund of their deposit.

Wedding booking cancellations

If for some reason you need to cancel your booking, this should be confirmed by email or telephone as soon as possible. Cancellations can be made up to 10 weeks prior to the wedding day appointment and a full refund of the deposit will be given. Cancellations within this notice period are non-refundable or transferable.

It is the responsibility of the client when booking a hair or makeup artist and paying the 40% deposit to secure Claire Wallace, the artistic director,  for their wedding day appointment, or the 40% deposit to secure a senior or junior stylist, that the trial appointment is booked immediately, ensuring that they remain outside the 10 week boundary, set out in the terms and conditions.

This is a mandatory requirement to remain eligible for a full refund, should they have a trial and not be totally satisfied. In the event that the client is unable to make the trial appointment with the stylist outside the 10 week period, they should inform Claire Wallace Hairdressing immediately.

In the event that a client wants to book a wedding day appointment at short notice and the date is still available , providing a trial appointment is made immediately from the time the deposit is paid, the client is only eligible for a 50% refund of the initial deposit if they are not totally satisfied.

At anytime a client is dissatisfied with the trial service and has paid a deposit to secure a wedding appointment the client reserves the right to cancel the booking if done within 48 hours, providing they abide by the terms and conditions.

Signed: Claire Wallace

Claire Wallace (Director)
Claire Wallace Hairdressing Ltd

For more information or to make a booking enquiry, please call 07977 730 717 or use our online enquiry form.
* Terms and conditions may apply. See the Featured Offer page for details.

Web design and build by Wordcomm