Really simple hair care tips for February
With spring now looming on the horizon ( yes I know I am being hugely optimistic but I have also just bought a new bikini in preparation for the hot summer ) put your best hair forward with these easy hair care tips:
- Put styling product in your hair before you use an iron or blow dryer, obviously choosing on that is suited to your hair type. Kérastase Resistance Ciment Thermique Resurfacing Reinforcing Milk is a fabulous product that protects weakened, damaged hair from the aggressions of blow-dry and makes hair easier to style
www.kerastase.co.ukIn-salon Rituals & hair products available at Kérastase partner salons. Find your nearest salon and discover what’s new, or explore our product range online!
- Over-washing can strip your hair of its natural oils, so don’t over wash ( simple really).
- Get your hair soaking wet, then focus on the inches closest to your scalp.
- If you dye your hair, focus on the roots more than the ends, this helps to minimize permanent damage.
- High-quality blow dryers work faster to minimize heat on your hair The GHD Air hairdryer is one of the best around
- Keep the dryer at least 2 inches away from your hair to avoid scorching
- Don’t apply a flat iron or straighteners for longer than is recommended
- Use a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week. Matrix Biolage Fortetherapie Intensive Strengthening Masque ( Yes, I know it is a real mouthful) adds “support and transforms damaged, processed hair” After years of colouring and straightening my hair, I really recommend this product.
Argan oil will nourish your hair, working magic on damaged or colour-treated locks.
Why it works
Argan oil is highly moisturising, nourishing and rich in antioxidants and vitamins A and E. It stimulates cell activity and boosts circulation. Neals Yard do a really amazing one which I think is great.